Tuesday 19 June 2012

Longing

The tea cup rattles as you pick it up to take a sip... A small smile playing at the edge waiting to bloom... That look in your eyes burning for me, I treasure most... For I know it's for me that you have searched, to keep me selfishly for you... But that crooked smile will always haunt me as I sit on the kitchen table knowing you will never return...The day you came back to say goodbye was the last I knew I'd see you for that cause you fought valiantly, chivalry in your blood... The one trait I admire in your most and always will be...The body that came back as an emptyshell...Cried for you day and night..Afraid to wake to the morning light...The torment in me so great, my heart ripped apart as you floated away... And now again, I sit here alone reminiscing of the past.. For I miss you so much and in my heart memories being pressed between the pages of my mind..

No comments:

Post a Comment